Pages

Monday 11 January 2010

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Crossing the Bar

Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,


But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.


Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;


For through from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.

2 comments:

Jan Mader said...

You know, I think this is the first time I've visited this blog..I love it!

CATachresis said...

Thanks Jan. You are the first person to comment! It is just a place for me to put stuff that has caught my eye and possibly shows a more serious side!